Saturday, August 15, 2015
The Eightfold Prosperity has been represented by Vedic Symbolism as the Ashta Lakshmi
1) The Originial Prosperity ( Adi Lakshmi ). This is the Original Lakshmi or Mahalakshmi, the Great Lakshmi. She gives protection to the devotee and sits with Abhaya Mudra ( protection gesture ) and Varada Mudra ( welcome gesture).
2) Wealth as Prosperity ( Dhana Lakshmi ). She is the bestower of Wealth.
3) Dhanya Lakshmi - Agricultural Prosperity. She is the giver of Agricultural Wealth.
4) Gaja Lakshmi - The Giver of Royal Power. Mythologically, She is the goddess who brought back the wealth lost by the King of Heaven, Indra
5) The Santana Lakshmi or Progeny Lakshmi. She is the giver of offspring. Isnt the fortune of having children a great Prosperity ? The son is he who saves the parents from Hell ( poothi thranat tatha putrah ).
6) Dhairya Lakshmi - Guts as Prosperity. She is the greatest Lakshmi ! Without guts a man is nothing ! She is the giver of guts !
7) Vijaya Lakshmi - The Victorious Prosperity or rather the bestower of Victory !
8) Vidya Lakshmi - Isnt Education or Wisdom prosperity ? She is the bestower of the knowledge of all arts and sciences.
Veracity, Equanimity, Fixity, Non-irritability, Adaptability Humility, Regularity, Absence of Vanity, Sincerity, Simplicity, Tenacity, Integrity, Nobility, Magnanimity, Charity, Purity, Generosity & Serenity- the eighteen "ities" associated with Wisdom. These 18 ities can confer Self Actualisation.
The Octagram - Emblem of Ashta Lakshmi
The Octagram is the Emblem of the Eightfold Prosperity. Two rectangles !